The semester is winding down and finals are upon us! We know that you’re studying like crazy trying to ace those exams and finish writing all of those papers, so we’re here to share some tips! Your brain can’t function without food, so it’s a good idea to make sure every meal that you eat is balanced and nutritious!
- Stay hydrated– The most important tip that we can give you is to keep up your water intake so you can stay focused and energized! We have delicious fruit infused water at our hydration station, so if you need a little flavor to sip on, fill up there!
- Eat well– Make sure you’re eating balanced meals, you’ll want to get a source of carbs, protein and healthy fats at each and every meal! By doing this, you’ll properly fuel your body and your brain will function at its highest level!
- Eat breakfast– It’s always a good idea to start your day off with a little something so your body wakes up! Even if it’s just a banana and some peanut butter, it’s still a good idea and will properly prepare you for your day.
- Pay attention to portions– Make sure you’re eating the proper amount for your daily caloric needs. Overeating will give you a foggy mind, and you don’t need that when you’re taking your hard exams!
- Enjoy healthy snacks– Make sure you’re always prepared with a healthy snack for when hunger hits! We suggest trail mix, Greek yogurt, fruit, almonds, and oatmeal!
- Don’t miss out on sleep– We know that you’re up all night studying and cramming for tomorrows exam, but don’t do it! Go to bed at a decent time and wake up earlier to study if you need to. We also recommend planning your day out when you first wake up, that way you avoid procrastination and staying up until the sun rises!
- Be active– Take a few minutes each day to do some type of physical activity, try doing it outside so you enjoy the warm weather and sunshine! Exercising will help you take a mental break and get refocused when you go back to studying or go to take your next exam.
- Don’t stress– Stressing yourself out over an exam or paper is not beneficial to your health or your grades! Take some time to take a break and do your favorite activities! Watch an episode of your favorite TV show or movie on Netflix, practice yoga, hang with friends or get yourself some ice cream. Whatever it is you love doing, do it!
Don’t forget to join us for the Almost Midnight Breakfast tonight and our Exam Treats all week! Good luck on finals, you’ll do great!