Happy Friday! Today is our last Feelin’ Fit Friday post, and we’re feeling more prepared than ever to live a healthy lifestyle. We thought that today’s topic was perfect for our last edition. We’re talking about how to set smart goals and achieve them. The semester is about to start and goal setting is definitely in full bloom!
So…you’re about to start classes and your mind is racing. You’re thinking about setting academic goals, fitness goals, financial goals…whatever it may be, they’re all one in the same. Goals are an end point, but it’s how you get there that brings great success. Here’s our tips on how to set yourself up for success and achieve your goals!
- Evaluate your goal and reflect on the reason behind it. If you’re aiming to receive an A in all of your classes, ask yourself why. The answer may be obvious, but knowing the exact reason can help put you on the right path.
- Make sure your goals are SMART. You want your goal to be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely. You goal should be eager enough to motivate you, but it’s good to make sure your goal isn’t on too much of a time crunch. For example, if your goal is to gain 5 pounds of muscle, it’s better to give yourself a few months rather than 2 weeks so you have time to focus.
- Determine the steps that you need to take to reach your goal. For example, if your goal is to learn how to cook, it would be best to start off by watching cooking TV shows and videos, then maybe sign up for a cooking class, and finally try cooking one meal a day.
- Be accountable. Tell the people that are closest to you about your goals. When the people around you know that you’re working at something, they will ask you about it and it will help motivate you and keep you on track.
- Reevaluate your success. Once you’ve reached your goal, look back at the progress that you’ve made. Was your goal to learn a new language? If so, what was the best learning technique and what did it teach you? Reevaluating can help you move towards bigger goals when you’re ready for a new challenge!
We hope that you’re ready to crush your goals this semester! If one of your goals is health, fitness or nutrition related, check out the Bite App by Sodexo in the App Store or Google Play. Once you’ve downloaded it, enter the code “F2X42” to see our full menus and nutritional information for Memorial Hall and Hilltop Cafe.
Good luck and we’ll see you soon!